NineZero: A Global Concept for Local Campaigns
Welcome to the NineZero Project of The Arc of Riverside County.
NineZero literally means Nine Months, Zero Alcohol and is our trademarked word for a project that educates and creates public awareness of a serious public health issue – Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). NineZero is becoming the name and the project many organizations across the country recognize as the leader for FASD prevention.
You have come to the right place if you are:
- A school administrator or teacher and want a peer taught curriculum for class presentations that educates and provides students with public speaking and leadership skills.
- A student and want to get involved in a prevention project that will help your peers avoid a serious health problem.
- A county health professional or community leader that wishes to start a campaign to prevent the number one cause of developmental disabilities – maternal drinking during pregnancy causing Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders — in your community, or augment an existing campaign.
- A health professional wanting additional resources.
- A person with a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (or a family member of this person) that wants to help spread the NineZero message.
- A community member or leader that “thinks global and acts local” and is not wanting to reinvent the wheel to get word out about this urgent health problem.
- A concerned citizen or granting agency that wishes to contribute to a worthwhile cause.